start|“开车送某人回家”可以不用出现"car"

01
release /r??li?s/
推出
This new product gets very popular after only two days' release.
这种新产品刚推出两天 , 就受到了大家的欢迎 。
对话
A:Columbia Pictures released a new film yesterday.
哥伦比亚影业公司昨天推出了一部新影片 。
B:What's the name of it?
电影叫什么名字?
“产品”的“推出 , 发布”还可以用launch /l??nt?/ 表示
launch a new product
发布一项新产品

start|“开车送某人回家”可以不用出现"car"
文章图片

02
rushed
匆忙
The injured people were rushed to hospital after the accident.
事故发生后 , 伤者被匆忙送往医院 。
对话
A:Why are they so rushed?
他们怎么这么匆忙?
B:There is a traffic accident.
有一起交通事故 。
除了用rushed表示“匆忙”外
还可以用短语in a hurry来表达此意

start|“开车送某人回家”可以不用出现"car"
文章图片

03
start the engine /?end??n/
发动引擎
“引擎”用英语表示是engine , 而“发动”则是用意为“开始”的start来表示 。
I know how to start the engine.
我知道怎么发动引擎 。
对话
A:Can you tell me how to start the engine?
你能告诉我怎么发动引擎吗?
B:Just press this button.
按这个按钮就可以了 。

start|“开车送某人回家”可以不用出现"car"
文章图片

04
get in the car
上车
Get in the car; I'll drive you home.
上车 , 我送你回家 。
对话
A:Get in the car. Let's eat out.
上车 , 咱们出去吃 。
B:OK. It's my treat today.
好的 , 今天我请客 。
“搭便车”可以用hitchhike /?h?t?ha?k/表示
We attempted to hitchhike across the country.
我们试图搭便车横跨那个国家 。
开车送某人回家:drive sb. home
He was drunk as a lord and I had to drive him home.
他喝的烂醉如泥 , 我得开车把他送回去 。

start|“开车送某人回家”可以不用出现"car"
文章图片

05
give sb. a lift
载某人一程
Could you give me a lift to the airport?
你能载我去机场吗?
对话
A:I want to ask Jim whether he can give me a lift to the bus station.
我想问问吉姆能不能载我去汽车站 。
B:He is free this afternoon. You can ask him.
他今天下午有空 。 你可以问问他 。
“载某人一程”还可以表示为
give sb. a ride
“我会载你一程”就可以表示为:
I'll give you a ride / lift.
今天的内容就是这些了
【start|“开车送某人回家”可以不用出现"car"】

推荐阅读